Wednesday 3 October 2012

September 26, 2012 - First Class Reflections

September 26, 2012

This is the first class of 5173Q1.  My name is Scott Rawding and I am a Resource Teacher at Hebbville Academy.  I will be blogging with my experiences through the course as the weeks go along. A journey that I am looking forward to :)  

It was a great first class. Memories of past courses were running through my head as I sat listening to B.Welsford.  All good thoughts of course.  We were introduced to the course and got busy with the Ipads right away using IMovie.  This is an App that I have not used in the past but it was very easy to get the hang of it. We created out own trailer, which was a fun activity. One in which I could see using with student in my Learning Centre.  The IMovie our group created had clips of the many uses of Assistive Technology.  From the simple to the complex. Lots of fun and a great way to start the course.  Below is a example of the AT that we were able to find, one in which we used in our trailer. 

We actually used the camera on the Ipad and took video of the clip playing on the computer screen.  The clip is only one of many that we used in our trailer. All of the groups found and used interesting clips for their trailers. We also took video of various items located in the Assistive Technology Centre with the Ipad to add to our trailer.

The first class was also a great opportunity to learn about a new project that B.Welsford has started. It is located in Aviva Community Fund site, which is a site that allows you to add a project that you can vote on and receive financial support for your project.  The project name is Our Quest for Assistive Technology. Here is a link to the site to be able to sign and vote for the project. https://www.avivacommunityfund.org/users/registration/register
Please take the time to support this amazing project!!!!  Here is the video below :)


First class, great night!!  Very excited for the weeks ahead to learn new Assistive Technologies to aid the students I work with at Hebbville Academy. I am looking forward to next weeks class.


No comments:

Post a Comment